Description of BlackBerry "Live Video Streaming" Functionality
LIVE video streaming is available for the following devices:
9700 (OS 220.127.116.110 or later).
9650 (OS 18.104.22.1682)
9550 (OS 22.214.171.1240)
9300 (OS 126.96.36.1997)
9000 GSM (OS 188.8.131.524 or later)
8900 (OS 184.108.40.2060)
8520 (OS 220.127.116.110)
Please note: LIVE video streaming may also work on other BlackBerry phones not yet tested. Phones with OS 4.6 and above are capable of Save and Upload mode.
Description of BlackBerry "Save & Upload" Functionality:
LIVE video streaming is only available for specific BlackBerry devices (see above). However, LiveCast Mobile enables "store and forward" video streaming on other BlackBerry devices.
This means that you can press the record button on the LiveCast application, save the video stream on your phone, and then LiveCast will automatically upload it to the LiveCast severs online and make it instantly available for viewing.
Here’s how it works...
- Launch the LiveCast application.
- When you’re ready to start recording, click on the "Start" button, and then click on the device trackball. A red light will appear on your BlackBerry.
- Press the device trackball again, if you want to pause the recording.
- Click the "Record" button in video controls, if you want to continue recording.
- Press the “Stop” button to stop the recording. Click on the device "Return" key to automatically start transferring your video to your online account.
You can now start a new recording as the transfer is in progress. After completing the transfer, the video may be deleted from your BlackBerry (see Settings option).
Any questions, please contact LiveCast support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.